1. In a subclavian artery block at outer border of 1st rib, all of the following arteries help in maintaning the circulation to upper limb except:
a. Subscapular artery
b. Superior thoracic artery
c. Thyrocervical trunk.
d. Suprascapluar artery.
2. Vertical crest in fundus of the internal auditory canal is known as:
a. Bill's bar.
d. Falciform crest
3. Upper limb weight is transmitted to axial skeleton by all except:
a. Coracoacromial ligament.
b. Interclavicular ligament.
c. Costoclavicular ligament.
d. Acromioclavicular ligament.
4. Trochlear nerve- all are true except:
a. Longest intracranial course.
b. Arises from dorsum of brainstem.
c. Supply ipsilateral superior oblique muscle.
d. Enters orbit through superior orbital fissure, outside annulus of Zinn.
5. Sphincter of Oddi consists of:
6. Carpal tunnel syndrome is caused by all except;
c. Addison's disease
d. Diabetes mellitus
7. Root of mesentery is crossed by:
a. Horizontal part of duodenum
b. Left gonadal vessels.
c. Left ureter
d. Superior mesenteric artery.
8. Neurovascular bundle in axilla is surrounded by sheath derived form:
a. Prevertebral fascia
b. Pretracheal fascia
c. Clavipectoral fascia
d. Axillary sheath.
9. On contrast radiography, which among the following is false?
a. Ileum is featureless
b. Colon has haustrations
c. Jejunum is feathery
d. Distal part of duodenum has a cap.
10. Spleen projects into the following space of peritoneal cavity:
a. Paracolic gutter.
b. Infracolic compartment
c. Left subhepatic space
d. Greater sac.
11. All of the following muscles retract the scapula except:
b. Rhomboid major
c. Rhomboid minor
d. Levator scapulae.
12. Boundary of triangle of auscultation is not formed by:
a. Serratus anterior
d. Latissimus dorsi.
13. Sternocleidomastoid is supplied by all of the following arteries except:
b. Posterior auricular
c. Thyrocervical trunk
d. Superior thyroid.
14. Axillary abscess is safely drained by which approach:
15. True regarding animals that are chronically exposed to cold:
a. Increased sympathetic stimulation
b. Increased vagal action
c. Increased insulin levels in blood.
d. Decreased blood supply to adipose tissue.
16. True about shunt vessels:
a. Evenly distributed throughout the skin
b. Role in nutrition
c. Play a role in thermoregulation
d. No autonomic nervous regulation
17. Vasomotor centre of medulla is associated with:
a. Acts with cardiovagal centre to maintain BP.
B. Independent of corticohypothalamic inputs.
c. Influenced by baroreceptors, not chemoreceptors
d. Essentially silent in sleep.
18. Energy expenditure in resting state depends on:
a. Lean body mass
b. Adipose tissue
c. Resting heart rate
19. The primary direct stimulus for excitation of central chemoreceptors regulating ventilation is:
a. Increased H+
B. Increased CO2
C. increased O2
d. Decreased CO2
20. True regarding myocardial O2 demand:
a. Inversely related to heart rate
b. Has constant relation to external cardiac work
c. Directly proportional to duration of systole.
d. Is negligible at rest.
21. Angiotensin II causes all of the following except:
a. Stimulation of thirst.
b. Aldosterone secretion.
c. Increased ADH secretion
23. Maximum postprandial motility is seen in :
a. Ascending colon
b. Transverse colon
c. Descending colon
d. Sigmoid colon
24. Which of the following statement is true?
a. Fluid coming from the descending limb of loop of Henle is hypotonic.
b. Descending limb of loop of Henle is permeable to solutes.
c. If clearance of a substance is greater than GFR, then tubular secretion must be present.
d. Clearance of a substance is always more than GFR if there is tubular secretion
25. Nitrogen narcosis is caused is due to:
a. Nitrogen inhibits dismutase enzyme
b. Increased production of nitric oxide
c. Increased solubility of nitrogen in nerve cell membrane
d. Decrease in oxygen free radicals.
26. Which of the following is not degraded by colonic flora?
27. CAP in LAC operon is
a. Positive regulator
b. Negative regulator
d. Constitutive expression
28. Following modification occurs in Gs subunit which leads to watery diarrhea in cholera:
a. ADP ribosylation
b. ATP-ADP transfer
29. Apo B-48 and Apo B-100 is synthesized from the same mRNA; the difference between them is due to :
a. RNA splicing
b. Allelic exclusion
c. Deamination of cytidine to uridine
d. Upstream repression
30. Among the following, all are hydrophilic hormones that act on cytosolic receptors except one which is a lipophilic hormone that acts on nuclear receptor:
31. Gene duplication plays an important role in the evolution of:
d. hn RNA
32. Movement of protein from nucleus to cytoplasm can be seen by:
C. Confocal microscopy
d. Electron microscopy
33. Histone acetylation causes:
a. Increased heterochromatin formation
b. Increased euchromatin formation
c. Methylation of cystine
d. DNA replication
34. Triplex DNA is due to :
a. Hoogsteen pairing
b. Palindromic sequences
c. Large no. of guanosine repeats
d. Polypyramidine tracts
35. Acetyl Coa can be directly converted to all except:
b. Fatty acids
d. Ketone bodies
36. After digestion by restriction endonucleases, DNA strands can be joined again by:
a. DNA polymerase
b. DNA ligase
c. DNA topoisomerase
d. DNA gyrase
37. True about sickle cell disease are all except:
a. Single nucleotide change results in glutamine to valine.
b. Sticky patch is generated as a result of replacement of a non-polar residue with a polar residue.
c. HbS confers resistance against malaria in heterozygotes.
d. RFLP results from a single base change.
38. During autopsy, if spinal cord is to be examined, what is the most commonly used approach:
39. A middle aged man comes to OPD with paraesthesia of hands and feet, hyperkeratosis of palms, rain drop pigmentation and transverse lines on nails. Most likely person is having:
a. Arsenic poisoning
b. Lead poisoning
c. Mercury poisoning
d. Cadmium poisoning
40. In civil negligence, onus of proof lies on:
a. Judicial first class magistrate
b. Police not below the level of SI.
41. Condition promoting adipocere formation:
a. Dry and hot
b. Hot and humid
c. Dry and optimum
d. Cold and moist
42. According to MCI act, medical education granted by Indian universities come under:
a. Schedule I
b. Schedule II
c. Part I of Schedule III
d. Part II of schedule III
43. A 30 yrs old female has sputum positive TB. Her child is 3 years old. What is the recommended chemoprophylaxis:
a. INH 3 mg/kg for 3 months
b. INH 5 mg/kg for 3 months
c. INH 3 mg/kg for 6 months
d. INH 5 mg/kg for 6 months
44. Late expanding stage of population in India is due to:
a. Birth rate stationary, death rate continues to fall.
b. Death rate declines more than birth rate
c. Birth rate declines, death rate same.
d. Birth rate is less than death rate
45. Which of the following statments about vaccines is false?
a. Thiomersal is a preservative in DPT.
b. Magnesium chloride is a stabilizer used in OPV.
c. Kanamycin is preservative in measles.
d. Neomycin is preservative in BCG.
46. Following are larval control measures except:
b. Paris green
d. Intermittent irrigation
47. The following statement about DDT is false:
a. Pyrethrum has synergestic action
b. It is a contact poison
c. Immediately kills the prey
d. Residual effect lasts for 18 months.
48. Incineration is not done for:
a. Cytotoxic drugs
b. Cotton contaminated with blood
c. Waste sharps
d. Human tissue.
49. Which of the following statements is true about BCG:
a. Distilled water is used as a diluent for BCG.
B. The site of injection should be cleaned thoroughly with spirit.
c. Mantoux test becomes positive after 48 hours of vaccination.
d. WHO recommends Danish 1331 strain for vaccine production.
50. Fish is deficient in which of the following nutrients:
b. Vitamin A
51. True about cluster sampling are all except:
a. Sample size is same as that of simple random sampling.
b. it is two stage sampling
c. It is cheaper than other methods.
d. It has the disadvantage of high sampling error.
52. Not true about breast milk is:
a. Maximum output is seen at 12 months.
b. Coefficient of iron absorption is 70%.
c. Calcium utilization from breast milk is more than cow's milk.
d. Breast milk protein is reference protein.
53. About randomized controlled trial, all are true except:
a. Baseline characteristics are comparable.
b. Bias can be eliminated by double blinding
c. Sample size depends on the type of study.
d. Dropouts are excluded from the study.
54. Incidence can be calculated by:
a. Prospective study.
b. Retrospective study.
c. Case control study.
d. Cross sectional study.
55. All of the following statments about purificaiton of water are true except:
a. Presence of clostridial spores indicate recent contamination of water.
b. Coliforms must be detectable in any 100 ml sample of drinking water.
c. Sodium thiosulphate is used to neutralize chlorine.
d. Coliforms may be detected by multiple tube method and indole production.
56. In India, most common cause for maternal mortality is :
d. Obstructed labour.
57. Which of the following statement is true about net protein utilization?
a. It is the ratio of energy from protein to total energy in diet.
b. It is the ratio of total nitrogen retained by total nitrogen intake, multiplied by 100.
c. It is the amount of one amino acid per gram of a protein divided by the amount of same amino acid per gram of egg protein
d. If the NPU is high, the amount of protein requirement in diet is high.